Osx optimization software

Reaction score
Before I buy or download anything I wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions as to some good optimization software for osx. That being defrag, spyware cleanup, and anything that would make my imac run faster. I run 10.3.9 panther now, but am considering upgrading to Tiger shortly. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, there have never been any reported spyware infections for OS X, so I don't know what there is there.

As for defragmenting, Mac OS X is designed to limit fragmentation and automatically defragment files meeting specific criteria.

You might use something like MacJanitor to run the built-in maintenance scripts. You probably won't notice any difference, but it's one of those "best practices" things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
From that page, it certainly doesn't seem like Apple recommends defragging at all. I've been using OSX full time since 10.2 hit the streets and have never defragged my system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.