Having insurmountable printing problems with my new HP

Reaction score
I've just bought an All in One HP Officejet 6500 and have been having printing problems the last few months. I own a MacBook Pro and I've tried troubleshooting with HP tech support who have tirelessly walked my through attempts to fix the problem by reinstalling my HP software. The result: any attempts I make to print are followed by a Q message that says stopped or offline. I just took the two devices into Geek Squad and they told me the problem is serious enough to where I need to reinstall my entire OS and spend nothing short of 350.00. Is this necessary? If is so can anyone kind and knowledgeable enough write a step by step walk through on how to do this? PS: one last thing I CANT find my Mac OS CD for installing the software IS this something I have to have to reinstall the OS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Stay away from the Geek squad. Anyone who tells you that you have to reinstall the operating system to get a printer to work is not very tech savvy. And spending $350 to do it is even more bizarre.

Yes, you need your original install media. I would suggest finding it or buy another. Why don't you give us some info about your Mac? Year, Model, and what version of OS X it's running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.