"Burn disc" in Finder does not go away -Help Needed.

Reaction score
I need some help.

A few days ago I tried to burn a disc. That failed. However I keep in the finder a "untitled" with the icon appearing. I can not delete it When I click on it noting happens. When I restart/reboot the computer it comes back.

Now I can not burn a new disc, and any other software disc *.dmg is refused to load and is being spit out again. I can not use the drive. It will play a DVD movie but no data disc empty or full is being recognized.

Does anyone know a script or trick to make the computer realize that there is no "burn" request and that this disc icon has to disappear from the finder window.
See attached a picture of the finder window
I am on a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo with the standard Superdrive.

Screen Shot 2011-09-03 at 3 Sep, 02.55.01 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Drag it from the Finder to the desktop while holding down your "Command" key and let it go. It will be removed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.