Programs quit unexpectedly

Reaction score
Just got the new Mac Book Pro & it came with OS Lion installed.

However, certain programs, including dashboard will quit unexpectedly for no apparent reason.

Is this normal? Got a mac specifically to avoid the common issues you get with a windows machine.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, of course that's not normal. How many programs are you running at the same time? Take a look at Activity Monitor to see what is hogging the RAM.

OP
M
Reaction score
I am never running more than 3-4 programs at once, and to be honest its usually iPhoto, Dashboard and sometimes Safari. But more often than not its the first two.

In fact, just tested and all I have to do is swipe between safari across to the desktop and continue on to the dashboard to then get the message:

"Dashboard Client quite unexpectedly"

Could this have to do with online widgets that I've got on dashboard? and potentially with a poor internet connection? My modem isn't the best :Not-Amused:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It could be a problem with the widgets that you're using. Go to Macintosh HD (or whatever you name it) > Library > Widgets. Move that folder to the Desktop (make sure it's moved, not copied) and relaunch Dashboard which you can quit through Activity Monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.