How many USB

Reaction score
How many USB ports can I connect to an imac?
And anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers, Dave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
to extend the amount of usb devices beyond an iMacs own ports it is best to get a powered USB hub. You can attach further devices using the keyboard ports since they can act as an unpowered hub but you may find that some devices dont get enough power to work, so a small powered hub is best

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How many USB ports can I connect to an imac?
And anyone have a recommendation?

Cheers, Dave.

I believe...as long as you're using powered USB hubs (just like "louishen" mentioned) and those powered USB hubs are providing enough power for all USB devices plugged into the hubs...you can connect up to 127 USB devices to a single computer.

USB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Nick

Reaction score
Power the USB hub from it's own PSU.

I had an iMac powered 4 way, and it used to sometimes freeze the iMac after sleep. for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Bear in mind that the more you connect, the slower the transfers to each device are, so if you have a powered hub with 4 HD's attached, the transfer speed is reduced to a quarter of full capacity to each.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.