Remote control of a PC from a Mac

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to help a friend with their PC. when they call for help I'd like to be able to access their PC (with their permission) so they can watch my cursor actions. Its so much easier than trying to explain it.! Its like remote access you'd have in an office support environment idea.

Is this possible between PC and MAC, and if so, can anyone offer the procedures to configure the setups or direct me as to where I might find such instructions?
Thanks in advance...Paul
Oh... The Macbook Pro OS is 10.6.8 using Safari and I think the PC is either XP or Vista and uses Internet Explorer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
the easiest way is with a logmein account

otherwise you would use VPN, but that requires a lot more set up on the two machines and any routers that connect to the internet

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You could also set up port forwarding and use Remote Desktop (RDP) from your machine to remote control. But I agree with Louishen that LogMeIn.com is far easier, more secure and can be setup in seconds.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.