Vertical Lines on Display

Reaction score
I have the 2011 MBP that I just got 2 weeks ago currently running OS X Lion. This morning when I tried to turn it on it was very slow. It went through some odd blue screen color changing phases and then a bunch of vertical lines on the startup screen.

I left it off and turned it on a bit later...come to find out that stuff is all done and over with (hopefully), however, there are minute pixelated vertical lines across my display. The are small but due to the fact I have a small case of OCD, it makes it difficult for me to play games like KOTOR and such. Because I am learning iOS programming stuff, I really would like this problem diagnosed and to go away, any help?

So far what I've concluded (and may be wrong) is..

-IT is not a software issue because the lines are on the display from the moment it powers on.
-It is most likely the GUI...but I am not entirely sure.

Any help can be wonderful, and I want to avoid Apple's dreaded customer support (the closes Apple store is outside Detroit, and I don't feel like driving an hour and a half.)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry but with that kind of problem, I recommend taking it on in to Apple and have them look at it. The machine is new and under warranty. Monday is Labor Day so the traffic around Detroit shouldn't be all that bad. Give them a call first to make an appointment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.