Lion and WiFi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17", i7 2.66G, 8G Ram, Lion 10.7.2
I had heard that the recent update to Lion was partly to fix problems with WiFi. Looks like I am still having the problem intermittently. When I open my MacBook Pro sometimes my home WiFi starts right up, other times I have to search and launch it from my status on the menu bar.

Anyone else having similar problems? Any known fixes?

I havent' called Apple just yet as it is not a big problem, just annoying.

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Actually for myself just the opposite has happened since I upgraded to lion. Sorry I can't give any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
Since upgrading to Lion I have noticed 2 things in relation to wifi. It will pick up either of my home networks, I don't have to decide which. I have a hotspot in the house and one in my summerhouse. Whichever i am closest to, it selects automatically, a neat trick and better than SL. However, recently my main hubs internet connection failed, but the hub was working. As a result my Macbook simply ignored this hub and dumped the connection settings totally. I had to manually reconnect. I've never had this before. Clearly something "clever" is going on. In your case to the detriment of the connection.

Hope you get it sorted. No doubt thre's some way to go with Lion until it roars properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.