Freezing

M

misskatie

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into this:

Since Sunday night, my iBook G4 has randomly been freezing without warning. It is not at all slow running before it freezes; it literally just stops. I have run Disk Utility and repaired my disk & disk permissions. I have also used Applejack to do the same. However, the problem keeps occuring.

As an FYI, I have a 1.07 GHz PowerPC G4 processor, and 256 MB of built-in memory. I am using version 10.3.9 of OS X.

As another FYI, I did travel on a train with my iBook on Sunday. It is possible, although my iBook was relatively protected in my backpack, that it could have been bumped or jarred or something along those lines as trains are anything but steady. Could this be problematic? And, if so, is there anything I myself can do to fix the problem?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Did you install any new software on it before you had this problem. Also I would bump up the ram in you iBook to at least 512 if you are running Tiger.

Just my thought

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
do a software update to make sure you're up to date with everything. try watching activity monitor; is there anything(programs running) there that may cause the ibook to freeze?

it could be that you did jar or bump it. possibly bring it in to the genius bar?

while it may have nothing to do with your problem, i would also suggest picking up an extra 512 of ram at your earliest convenience :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.