MacBook Pro Urgent Help.

Reaction score
I asked my brother to grab my MBP and he dropped it on the wood floor. There is a dent a little bit to the left of the direct center. Is there any hardware parts that this dent could have hit??? Will I be fine?

And when I powered it down after the drop it hid the top menu bar and thats it???

Mean anything?

I know im new to the forums here but this is frustrating past belief for a 14 year old.

Reaction score
Doesn't sound nice - can you take a photo of the dent so me and other members can identify how serious the dent is?
Also, how high was the drop?

Reaction score
Let's hope it's cosmetic damage !

Google for pictures of the internal of your machine so you can see what's in that area of the machine. Also take into account the impact would have been felt throughout the MacBook.

If it was mine I'd power it up and use it to see if anything is now failing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5 Ghz i5 with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD.
I agree with Chunkylee. You can't do much more to it by power it up. I would turn it on, and run TechTool Deluxe and see what it says about the hard ware. If it helps, I have a friend who had a 2001 Aluminum (or Titanium?) MacBook and it was dropped and a a HUGE pent on the corner and didn't fail until about 6 months ago, and the Logic board was the issue. So it might be fine.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
My 2008 MB Pro got knocked off the desk and its stand to a tile/concrete floor two years ago and I have had no issues with it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Alright. I was about desk level from when it dropped. It is the new macbook pro!

I held down d when i powered it up to test the hardware. and it passed. But you never know

Reaction score
I agree with Chunkylee. You can't do much more to it by power it up. I would turn it on, and run TechTool Deluxe and see what it says about the hard ware. If it helps, I have a friend who had a 2001 Aluminum (or Titanium?) MacBook and it was dropped and a a HUGE pent on the corner and didn't fail until about 6 months ago, and the Logic board was the issue. So it might be fine.
There weren't any MacBooks in 2001 - you mean PowerBook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.