My first page

OP
S

sursuciofla

Jeff223 said:
Although I did this site awhile ago it is my first one. I recently did another one and have designed many but not programed them. I did this site about 6 months ago it's my portfolio site just want to see what you guys think.
http://zorak.monmouth.edu/~s0503930/final/home.html

I like it a lot, nice concept. The only problem I have is that it is just a little too busy for me as a portfolio site. Maybe because I am a minimalist when it comes to that but concept is very schweet. But that is only one persons opinion of course others may have a very different opinion. But the site really shows you know your stuff and have a handle on it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I love the resume page and the homepage. The busy part pertains to the actual portfolio section.

OP
J

Jeff223

Yeah i know much more web design now so eventually i will update it. The thing is i have so much more work probably double the amount thats already on there. So coming up with a better system for the thumbnails will be a must. I'll probably use flash to use a nice bar with scrolling thumbnails. I don't really know flash that well but will be taking a course on it soon. Thanks for the input. As soon as i finish my companies web page I'm developing I'll post it. very excited about it.

Reaction score
you said this was your orignail site, have you completed a more recent site that i can see?

OP
C

ChicoWeb

You might want to work on your efficieny and HTML. There are a ton of slices on your portfolio page. Most browsers can only download 5 images at a time. So even thought your page isn't file size heavy, its image heavy. I would make that a white bg w/ transparent gifs...Keep in mind all those slices inbetween have to load...Just and FYI :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.