Macbook Pro Dies at Apple Screen

Reaction score
Well, this issue has happened 2 days in a row on two different computers.

I had to replace the keyboard on both computers. They both power up, then die at the apple screen. It is almost like they are shorting out. I know everything is plugged in correctly. I know the logic board is seated correctly.

I have tried 2 different power adapters two different batteries, two different Hard drives. I am completely puzzled on how this could be happening. It must be something I did because it is happening to both the computers.

The issues happen with the keyboard plugged in, and when the keyboard is unplugged, so I don't think it is the keyboard causing the issue.

Could possibly a screw in the wrong hole cause it it touch metal or something? I think it is shorting, but I have no idea how this could be happening to both the computers.

All help will be appreciated. I am pretty much desperate for help at this point. Thank You

EDIT:
Both the computers worked fine other then the keyboard before replacement.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you use the correct replacement keyboards with the same type of connecting cable to the logic board? Any variation in the keyboard and cable which connects to the logic board will cause all sorts of problems.

OP
T
Reaction score
Did you use the correct replacement keyboards with the same type of connecting cable to the logic board? Any variation in the keyboard and cable which connects to the logic board will cause all sorts of problems.

Yep I am positive it is the correct keyboard. It has nothing to do with the keyboard itself because it turns off both with the keyboard plugged in and unplugged.

Someone on another site suggested I may have messed up the logic board with static electricity when removing the logic board. I barely even touched the logic board, but this must be the issue. I just don't see what else could be causing it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, I understand. It is possible that the logic board on both machines could have been damaged when they were removed but in my opinion it's unlikely that static blew them both out. Components on the logic board are surface mounted which does give them a certain amount of protection from static.

All I can suggest is go back over everything you did. Remove the logic boards again and make sure there are no shorts and everything is seated right. If the same thing happens, chalk it up to bad luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13 inch 2011 8GB RAM 750GB Hard Drive and Mac Pro (Early 2009)16GB RAM 2TB x4 Hard Drive
Could be CPU fan or heat sink problem. my old macbook has same symptom. It shutdown by itself at apple logo before get into OS X. Because when the CPU overheated it shutdown to prevent CPU damage. This can happen to any computers. mine work just fine after fan replacement.

Fan or heat sink might not attached properly to CPU try to check it again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.