Finding folder on OS X Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Thank you. In the OpenOffice Save As dialog, I could not browse the full path indicated for Templates at OpenOffice>>Preferences. One of the indicated folders did not display. But ...

... by trial and error, here's what finally worked for me. In Writer, design a template (extension .ott), and save it to the Desktop. Then, still in Writer, open File>>New>>Templates and Documents, and there, at the bottom left, click on "Organize ...". Then, open the folder "My Templates", right-click it, select "Import Template ...", browse to the Desktop, and select the template. That may not be the quickest or most professional way to do it, but it worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Is this forum Jeopardy? Can I play?
Ok, um...
What is "I have a problem with a template and a Lion on my Mac"?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Neither post is very amusing. Perhaps you both have forgotten what our guidelines state:

Play nice.

Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Nothing nice to say? Then don't say it.

M

MacInWin

Well done to the OP to find a solution and then to share it here. I suspect that there is an official way to achieve the objective, but that is a clever solution to find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Neither post is very amusing. Perhaps you both have forgotten what our guidelines state:

Play nice.

Our community is made up of all kinds of different people, and all of them have the right to feel comfortable. Others may not think the way that you think, believe what you believe, know what you know, or see what you see. Always be polite and respectful in your interactions with others.

Nothing nice to say? Then don't say it.
Ya, I have already been busted for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.