Apple TV remote problm (iPhone & ATV remote)

Reaction score
I lost the remote for my ATV-1. I bought a new one, and I am unable to pair it. Now I have already tried the hold the Menu and RR/FF to "Un-pair/Pair" the remote, but it still does not work. I don't even see the little light on the ATV flicker when I use the remote.

Plan B was for me to gain access to the ATV-1 via my iPhone remote and pair it that way.

I enabled home sharing on my iMac (OS-Lion) iTunes, and can control and play music on the ATV-1 via my iPhone, but the ATV-1 does not show up, only my iTunes library.

I believe the problem is, I need to turn on home sharing on the ATV-1 to see it show up on my iPhone, and iMAC.

I guess there is a possibility the battery is dead in the new Apple remote

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Do you have a Mac to test the remote on? Just to rule out batteries are empty and make sure it's working...

OP
S
Reaction score
Good thinking!!.......Yes, I just switched from a PC to an iMac last week. I will give it it try tonight.

OP
S
Reaction score
Dekan, Tried the remote on my iMac, no response either, so I replaced the battery and it worked! So they shipped a new remote with a dead battery. At least its fixed, thanks for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.