Strange Problem With Extend Monitor

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a strange problem here, and it's blows my mind away. I have connect two display's on my mac mini, the display's works as mirror the problem is that the Arrangement on system preferences isn't appear to extended.... I have been searching on internet and find that you can easy detect your monitor with the "Detect monitor" button but when I click it the monitors just switch of ( sleep mode ) and I get black screen.... Any ideas guys??

Thank you in advance!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums poolet

You need to un-select (remove the tick mark) by the option to mirror the displays, then the monitor will be used as an extension to your workspace and you can then arrange them as you wish.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
P
Reaction score
hello and thank you for your reply... Can you please be more specific ?? Where I can find that button?? I already check all the place on preferences (even in option mouse) and I don't find any mirror button to un-select.... If you can please be more specific....

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Sorry I haven't got back sooner...

When you have your monitors plugged in, go to System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement, there should be a tick box bottom left that says mirror displays. Un-mark this box, then you should be able to arrange the displays as you like

Hope this helps

- Simon

Screen Shot 2011-09-04 at 18.58.45.png

OP
P
Reaction score
Well that's my problem on system preferences The arrangement tab isn't exist.... I don't know why.... Note: My 2 monitors works perfect as mirror's but fail as extend..... here a picture..........

http://i55.tinypic.com/n65g9i.jpg

OP
P
Reaction score
Anyone guys ??? Please if you have any ideas please let me know, I can't work without 2nd display!!!! Thank you!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I noticed you're using "Screen Recycler". Have you tried removing it or turning it off to see what happens? As far as I can see, there's no reason why you can't get an extended desktop with your arrangement.

OP
P
Reaction score
Screen Recycler i have use it as It was a method that I found on google but isn't works for me.... I have try also to remove it but nothing still, nothing.....

Reaction score
splitter?

Can you tell me what splitter you bought? Im having the same issue... Trying to plug 2 HDMI monitors into my mac mini and im getting no response from one of them and I dont have the arrangement on mine either. thanks!

OP
P
Reaction score
Can you tell me what splitter you bought? Im having the same issue... Trying to plug 2 HDMI monitors into my mac mini and im getting no response from one of them and I dont have the arrangement on mine either. thanks!

well I have search to find the manufacture and the model of the splitter but unfortunately I didn't found it... I think that it's an apple product just search it on the net i don't think that they have a lot.... Also something interest that I found it and you can try it open up your system preferences and go to Display select Arrangement on the tab... You will see 2 screens on the window, the first one it would be blue the other blue but with one WHITE bar on the top scroll left or right the white bar to enable end disable monitors that's dumb from the apple site since they can make a check box :D to help dummies users like me :D

Reaction score
splitter?

Did arrangement appear after you got that splitter b/c my system preferences does not have arrangement.

OP
P
Reaction score
you need to have a splitter to appear arrangement.. also make sure that at your 1st monitor your using hdmi and as the 2nd one the mini port else it will not work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.