click.linksynergy redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I recently have this issue when I am on a shopping website and when I click a link it takes me to this link.synergy.com page that is just a white page. I use Intengo and I have Macscan and I just downloaded ClamXav. Nothing has been detected with any of the programs.

It happens on Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.

I read that this issue is fixed on a PC by editing the hosts file. I don't know where to find this on my Mac or something similar. Can anyone help me with this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
C
Reaction score
The issue was happening prior to Macscan or ClamXav. I downloaded these products to try to remove the malware but neither detects it.

I have seen the FAQ you referenced but it is not that informative since I already have an issue on my Mac.

Is there any suggestion as to how to stop the clink.linksynergy issue.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
linksysnergy provides ads. The merchant writes the code for the ad, which is then placed on the advertisers site. I'd suggest that either the ad server is having problems or the particular ad you're clicking on was written improperly and is not redirecting correctly. Highly doubt you're going to fix it with anything you do on your local machine.

And never, ever install multiple pieces of antivirus software simultaneously under any operating system, whether it's OS X, Windows or other. You're really just asking for problems by doing so. You also need to release the mindset that every time there is a problem it must be a virus, because there are none that will cause your issue that will run inside OS X.

At this point in time in OS X, you really are better off finding a forum you like for discussing your issues and solving them than wasting your time downloading, installing and running all these antivirus scans only to find nothing.

OP
C
Reaction score
linksysnergy provides ads. The merchant writes the code for the ad, which is then placed on the advertisers site. I'd suggest that either the ad server is having problems or the particular ad you're clicking on was written improperly and is not redirecting correctly. Highly doubt you're going to fix it with anything you do on your local machine.

But this doesn't happen on my work computer. I can access the shopping sites fine. I don't get redirected to this linksynergy page. So it is something on my machine that is causing this and not the ads written improperly.

Do you know what file, like a hosts file, exists that may have been changed to cause this problem.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Empty the cache in your respective browsers. See if that flushes out anything that might be causing this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.