Going from Mail to Postbox and back to Mail

Reaction score
Ok I thought the grass was greener on the other side...but alas I was wrong. So now I have a 'issue'.

Here is what I would have done and what I would like to do.

I switched my email client from Mail to Postbox. My business gets a lot of emails so in the 2 months that I've used Postbox I have a lot of additional emails since the switch. So currently Mail still has all my previous emails, of course, less two months that I was using Postbox. So here is where my questions lie--I can export everything out of Postbox which has ALL my emails now should I import them all back into my existing Mail account or should I delete my account and then create a new account in Mail starting 'clean' and then import all my mail? Or, should I just import everything back into my existing Mail account? My fear is IF I export everything out of Postbox and import back to my existing Mail account It will be duplicating all of my previous emails...no?

Clear as mud?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.