Browsers and internet not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MC374LL-A MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor / 13.3" Display / 8GB Memory / 250GB Hard Drive
I am in need of some help. I have a MacBook Pro that's about 10 months old running Lion OS X 10.7.1. All of a sudden today, neither one of my web browsers will work on it. I have both Safari and Chrome and whenever I open them, they both have a message that says 'Update your browser. This page does not support your version of browser. Please update your software." The wording of this message is exactly the same on both browsers. My wireless is connected with full signal and the wireless on my husband's new HP laptop works just fine, so the problem seems to be isolated to my MacBook. I can't do anything that requires connection to the internet because it says I'm not connected, even though I have a full wireless signal. I have run a full virus and spyware scan, which found nothing. I have also rebooted about a hundred times, but I'm still having this problem. I have no idea if this has anything to do with my problem or not, but yesterday our cable internet was out all afternoon due to an area outage and when it came back on, the internet was running extremely slow on all of our computers, and today when I booted up my MacBook is when this problem started. I'm desperate for help and suggestions! :[

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Attach your MBP to the router or modem-router via an ethernet cable and let's see if you can get on the net. Post back the results and we can go from there.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MC374LL-A MacBook® Pro / Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor / 13.3" Display / 8GB Memory / 250GB Hard Drive
It actually works now! I was able to fix it shortly after I had posted this. I went in and disabled the wifi and then enabled it again and that did the trick! I could have sworn I had tried that once before and it didn't seem to work, but it worked that time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.