How to start c-programming in xcode? (student on mac)

Reaction score
My teacher won't (can't) help me learn to program C on xcode. I got xcode today, and have never tried programming before (barely). But I'm a science-student in College and weriously don't want to buy a pc just to learn C-programming...!

SO I can't even find the right place to start. I watched a tutorial where the "tutorialist" opened a command line tool. I don't have that template, and can't figure out how to get started. I basically need to get to the window where I can write to main.c

Any help - will most probably help...! :)

Xcode 3.1.2, Macbook pro Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2019) 3.3 ghz 12-Core 96GB mem Vega Pro II
Do a web search on Objective-C programming. You will find numerous tutorials, some of which will include using xcode.

Reaction score
Hey! It actually sounds like you are looking for basic C programming, not objective-C (which is used for OSX and iPhone development). Here is a nice page with an easy example of how to create a project and do a basic Hello World example:
How to create a C program in xcode

Hope that helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.