Tiger problems

D

dlisle20

ive just gone from 10.3 to 10.4. Im on a REALLY secure school network and i have to type in my password when i want to go on the internet. on 10.3 my Safari could handle this well, but now it doesnt work ever since is installed tiger. I have to use horrible firefox now and IE works as well. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
there is nothing wrong with firefox you cheaky swine :p

what physically happens though when you try to use the internet through safari?

OP
S

sursuciofla

dlisle20 said:
ive just gone from 10.3 to 10.4. Im on a REALLY secure school network and i have to type in my password when i want to go on the internet. on 10.3 my Safari could handle this well, but now it doesnt work ever since is installed tiger. I have to use horrible firefox now and IE works as well. Can anyone help me?

Firefox is rad. So is Camino.

OP
D

dlisle20

i type in my username and password and when i try to go on a page it still tells me to type it in arghhhh i love safari :) firefox is ok too but i prefer safari

Reaction score
I just upgraded to Tiger as well. It keeps asking me to login for the RSS feed for features I'm not interested in...very annoying. How do I stop this?
Can someone please call me a cheeky swine or similar... as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Cheeky swine.

Here's a piece on how to turn off RSS feeds in Safari. I don't like this built-in feature because I also use Bloglines, like the author of the following guide:

How to Disable the Safari RSS Feature

If you don't use Safari as an RSS Feed reader (I use bloglines), the feature can get kind of annoying. Every time you click on an RSS feed, it is redirected to a feed:// url. So to disable it, you need to first enable the Debug menu on Safari, this is done by typing the following into the Terminal (via mac osx hints:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1
Make sure you quit safari before running that command.

Then you simply need to select Turn off RSS Support in the Debug menu in Safari:

See the link for photos and more details.

Reaction score
Thanks... I didn't know what terminal was...but now I know after a search and I realize that's for Unix Code?
Now that I turned RSS off... I have to figure out how to make my network stop asking me to log on!
Thanks again.

Reaction score
Another question... this time regarding the new search on Tiger.
The thread that shows the location of what you have searched...is that only available in a horizontal format? I cannot figure out how to make it a vertical list.
Is this possible?
—Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.