H P Photosmart C310 printer and 10.7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
I'm trying to get this printer to work with Lion. I found the below on HP's driver site. It just confuses me. The way I read this. The new drivers are on Apple Software updates. But I have not been able to find them. What am I missing?

Thanks

Updating HP software for OS X 10.7 Lion
To experience the best performance and functionality, download the latest HP software from Apple Software Updates . After you install Lion, follow these steps to update the software.
Important : To successfully update the HP software and driver, the HP product must be turned on and connected to the Mac with a USB or network connection, or there must be an existing printer queue for your product.
Click the Apple menu ( ), and then click Software Update . Software Update checks for available updates.
In the Software Update window, select the software you want to install, and then click Install .

NOTE: Install all available updates for best performance and functionality.
When prompted, enter your administrator account name and password.
After the software updates complete, restart the computer (if required).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to this forum - "Other Hardware and Peripherals". Does not belong in "Switcher".

It's probably best to look for the newer Lion driver on the HP site rather than depend on the Apple software update which may or may not have the specific driver you need.

Search the HP site by your model number. If a new driver is available for Lion download and install it.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
Your post was moved to this forum - "Other Hardware and Peripherals". Does not belong in "Switcher".

It's probably best to look for the newer Lion driver on the HP site rather than depend on the Apple software update which may or may not have the specific driver you need.

Search the HP site by your model number. If a new driver is available for Lion download and install it.

Thanks for moving it to the correct forum.

i was able to get it working. I don't believe that the driver for this pinter is on the HP site. I went to the system preference Print and Scan Icon. Hit the + sign to add a printer. Was able to find the model 3100 drivers in the list. This added the printer and it works good. Have not tried the scan feature yet but I think it will work.

Very easy to add a printer this way. I'm not sure if this is a new feature in Lion or not. As with all Apple it works well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.