I need to tweak Microsoft Word on my Mac

Reaction score
Firstly, I'm brand new to posting here. Please forgive me if this query is posted in the wrong place. I love this forum and I'm a regular lurker.

My Microsoft Word drives me mad. My life would be 1000x easier if I could change the preferences of my Word to do the following:

1. Write only in Cambria 14 font. I hate when MW decides it knows best, and changes the font against my wishes.

2. When I edit and copy stuff from websites, I don't want any hyperlinks to come with it. No underlined font. No "Read more at...." Just the words.

I have experimented with Writeroom and other 'simple' software, but the answer for me would simply be to make these small changes to the prefs, but I can't see how.

Thanks!:Smirk:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you saying that when you open new documents in Word it uses something other than Cambria 14? I presume you would like to always use that font as the basis for future documents?

If that is the case, modifying Word's basic document template should do the trick. Try the following directions Office 2011 for Mac: Change Word’s Default Document - For Dummies

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.