Hooking up speakers to iMac?

Reaction score
I just received some speakers from a friend and i can't hook them up. There are two wires coming out of input, a green and a black one. I have an iMac and there's an input and output plug but when i try plugging them in it doesn't work. The speaker brand is Altic Lansing and it has 5 pieces, 4 speakers and a subwoofer.

Do i need an adapter to use this?

WP_000306.jpg

Reaction score
nope no adapter needed, you should be able to use that black wire(usually not removable that goes out from the back of the big speaker connect that to the mac then connect the other speakers into the main unit(the speaker with the multiple connections) and it should work.you can also try to go into your system preferences and click audio and try different output devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Agreed, use just the black plug - which is stereo 3.5 mm - into your iMac audio out socket. Sound preferences should show all audio devices connected, including things like a USB headset, and you will need to choose Headphone.

If that doesn't work, try the green plug. Not sure why you have two audio input plugs to the Lansing, as both appear to be stereo. Maybe one of the leads is for a microphone input, eg. karaoke. Make sure you switch that amp off, or turn the volume right down before plugging/unplugging connectors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.