My dock is on vacation

P

pezza.131214

I'm running Tiger on a Mac Mini. I booted it up a few days ago to find that I didn't have a dock. I thought that it may just be hidden but when I checked the process list, the dock program wasn't running at all.

Someone suggested that I boot into safe mode so I did. My dock was back so I figgured that the problem had been fixed. I restarted doing a normal boot and the dock was there once again. Everything was great, everybody was happy untill, a few boots later, my dock was gone again, once again not on the process list. I safe booted and got my dock back. It decided to stick around for a few more boots untill it left again. A safe boot always brings it back for a little while but I need to find out why I lose it in the first place.

I do nothing out of the ordinary with my comp, I surf the web, IM people, and play a few games, but that's it... The computer is about 4 days old, and i'm new to the whole mac way of life so please don't get to complicated on me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Log in as root and repair permissions using /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.