OSX Lion graphics driver fix for 2010 Macbook Pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If what you posted from Slashdot has any validity, the solution is to downgrade your MBP to Snow Leopard and wait until Apple fixes the problem with an update. My understanding is that 10.7.2 is undergoing testing right now and should be released before too long. I don't know though that the problem you sited is addressed in the update.

LSC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2-2Gb-160Gb
I was on Lion for about a month when one of the updates crashed my MBP. I tried everything to get it back including loading Snow Leopard back on. When tech support couldn't help, I took it to the Apple store and they replaced the graphics board under a special warranty with nVidia (my MBP is 3.5 yrs old). I suspect it was a bad driver issue but hey, if they want to replace my board free, far be it from me to correct the experts.

Apple is such a fantastic company when it comes to both product and customer service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.