Cannot connect to wireless network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a search and never found a good answer for my question. I am a college student and 4 days a week I get on a certain wireless network in one of the buildings. I know its not password protected because I get on it everyday and all of my friends w/ laptops use it as well.

This morning I tried getting on that network and it kept giving me the error of, "unable to join wireless network PedResourceLibrary." I restarted several times and restarted my airport card several times and was unable to join the network. Well I really needed to get online so I walk over to the art school, my school, and got on their networks just fine. I am using it to type this thread.

This same kind of thing has happened to me before with a wireless network at a coffee shop I visit, but now at the coffee shop, the wireless always works. I dont think there is anything wrong with my airport card, I just think it wants to be difficult at times. I will retry the network again in a few hours when I get out of class, and if it starts working i'll let everybody know.

If it doesnt work, should I take my powerbook to the Apple Store and see what the genius bar has to say? It's just odd because it works fine for a long period of time, and has only messed up twice. Ive had my powerbook since late may.

Thanks in advance for any help.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe that you are now in that gray area. As for your system I don't think you have a problem.

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok, update, I am now on that network that wasnt working earlier. I think my airport just wanted to be mean to me. Thanks for the reply though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Are the networks in popular areas? The base station may have hit its maximum number of connected users.

Or maybe your AirPort card just wanted to be mean to you. That happens sometimes.

OP
PunkRockTuba
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its not in a super populated area, its for a department of the school of music. Usually we have upwards of 6 laptops on it, plus whatever computers they are using in the lab. Im just glad it works now, if not, I would be screwed since I do a lot of work in there.

M

Merlinblack

could just have been a network problem at that time of day. Could anyone else get on then?

Also could have been a mean computer part :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.