external monitor question

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to connect a Lilliput 8" 869gl-80np/c/t Touch Screen W/dvi.hdmi Input to my macbook pro. im using the supplied dvi to hdmi cable. when i connect it to the macbook pro the screens on both mac and monitor flash continuously between the desktop image and a blu screen. i can still move the mouse cursor when it flashs the desktop into view. when i unplug it the flashing stops and my mac returns to normal view. i have selected the detect displays, etc but it does not correct the issue. i can see that it sees the monitor and gives me the option to mirror or not mirror the desktop on the monitor but no matter what i choose it still flashes. i wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue or maybe has a solution.

as always,

thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like either the cable or the adapter you're using may be the problem. Make sure you've got a tight connection. The flashing between a desktop image and blue screen usually indicates a loose or bad connection. Possibly a defective adapter or cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.