New Switcher OS X & iTunes Questions

Reaction score
I'm running 10.6.7 on my mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro. My iPhone 4 (at&t) is running 4.3.2 (8H7)

I have no desire to upgrade to Lion just yet. I would rather wait until it's been updated and further debugged before I do an upgrade.

I'm not using the App store, so I've decided I want to erase and restore the drive with the OS X 10.6.4 DVD's that came with my Mac. I've looked up how to do that, so that should be easy.

My question is what do I need to do regarding iTunes and my iPhone, so as not to lose anything when I wipe the drive and do a clean install?

Once done, will I be able to use whatever version of iTunes will be loaded with the 10.6.4 install that came on my MBP, or will it ask me to update when I go to use iTunes?

Any other comments or suggestions are appreciated. I am however very committed to erasing it and going back to 10.6.4 which ran flawlessly.

Thanks for your help.

C

chas_m

As a matter of course, once you've completed the erase/restore operation and restored your data from your Time Machine or other backup, everything SHOULD be as up-to-date as it is now. BUT just in case it isn't, run Software Update after your data is restored and that will updated iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.