New MBP, general hints tips and suggestions please?

Reaction score
Yep I purchased a MBP 13" notebook today (i7 2.7ghz that's not important but still) I'm liking it so far but would love some advice from more experienced users on things such as apps, general newbie stuff, this is my first MAC computer. I bought it as a student deal so I have a £65 gift voucher.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums and congratulations on your purchase.

Best advice I can give is stay tuned to our forums for any questions you may have and read the Sticky posts at the top of each forum.

And if you have any money left over, you might consider purchasing Apple care which will extend your warranty to three years including free telephone support.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for replying, yeah I bought the apple care when I purchased the laptop and expecting to pay over the odds I ended up only paying like £45 for 3 years cover as opposed to the (roughly) £200, couldnt pass up a bargain like that, it is the higher speck (shelf wise) and it came to about £1150 which was amazing value for money, I've bought a speck satin case for it too to deter scratches :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.