Backup 40 gb of MP3s

Reaction score
What is the best way of going about backing up 40gb of Mp3s? Like what should I use to compress them, and can I compress them multiple times, and how much space would I gain compressing them all? Mainly I want to know what program(s) I should use and what settings I shoud use.

ps I am talking about compressing them to an expandable file not lowering the sound quality...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
mp3 is already compressed so doesnt compress again too well if at all and ive tried zip, stix and rar files.

i think your just going to have to back them up as they are unless someone else knows better than me?

S

sursuciofla

boarderjosh10 said:
What is the best way of going about backing up 40gb of Mp3s? Like what should I use to compress them, and can I compress them multiple times, and how much space would I gain compressing them all? Mainly I want to know what program(s) I should use and what settings I shoud use.

ps I am talking about compressing them to an expandable file not lowering the sound quality...

The best way is just get you and external hdd or buy you about 5 dual layer dvd+r.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.