New here - Lion install

Reaction score
Greetings! I'm new to the Mac party...had my MBP for a couple of months now and love it. You guys were right...everything IS easier and more awesome. I've also enjoyed reading many topics and conversations here since discovering the site a few hours ago.

So, I figure I'll kick things off with a dumb question.

I recently upgraded to Lion via download, but I'd like to start fresh with a clean OS install. How do I accomplish this? Being a long time Windows guy, I assume I need a Lion disk, but since there always seems to be magic involved with anything Mac related, I thought I'd ask if there might be some process that I havent imagined yet. For the record, I haven't started backing up to an external drive yet or created a boot disk.

Reaction score
I see you haven't created any backups. If you have something worth in it I would recommend backing up before a fresh install.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yep, just got a Time Capsule at lunch today :) I assume it's easy to copy data back over from the backup once you've performed an OS install....let's hope.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
Yep, just got a Time Capsule at lunch today :) I assume it's easy to copy data back over from the backup once you've performed an OS install....let's hope.
Thanks!

Once you have performed the clean install, go to Applications - Utilities - Migration Assistant to migrate your data/apps/settings back to the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.