Want to restore from backup after jailbreak and software downgrade.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I jailbreaked (jailbroke?) my iPhone 3gs and hence downgraded the software from 4.3.3 to 4.1. I had no idea that it was not going to let me restore from backup, so now I cannot get any of my old app data (3 stars on every level of angry birds... I can't go through that pain again!) or sms data, as it says that the backup is more current than the software... because it is.

Is there anyway to make old backups go on my iPhone? I read somewhere that simply changing the 4.3.3 to 4.1 in certain files in the backup works, but it did not for me. But perhaps I was doing it wrong.

Thank you so much! :Smirk: :)

Hello!

I recently downgraded my software on my iphone 3gs from 4.3.3 to 4.1 in order to jailbreak it. I however did not know that it would not allow me to restore my data from a backup, as the software is now technically younger than the backup. I really would like to get my app data and sms data back on my phone (3 stars on all angry bird levels... i can't go through that again!).

So is there any way to do this? I read and tried out that if you simply change the numbers (4.3.3 -> 4.1) in certain backup data files that you should be able to restore. That did not work, but perhaps I was doing it incorrectly?

Thank you so much!
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.