• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

new ibook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
yay got my new ibook last night. typing on its pretty hard. is it supposed to be very slow? startup can take 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
my start up seems to take a while every now and then. although compared to the PC's i have at work it is blazingly fast.

Reaction score
nicklwj said:
yay got my new ibook last night. typing on its pretty hard. is it supposed to be very slow? startup can take 5 minutes.

The 4200RPM HD will cause lag in typing, at least thats what I noticed on my mini.

Startup shouldn't take 5 mins.

When you say "new ibook" is that brand new or new to you? What are the specs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.33 ! 60 gig/external 250gig.
mine starts up in like 30-40 seconds... and typing is fine no lag or anything.

OP
nicklwj
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
its a 12inch with 1gb ram and 40 gb storage. darn shoulda gotten more storage if i had known mac office woulda taken up so much space.

Reaction score
I just bought a 14" iBook and it doesn't take long to type. Also, the startup takes about 30 seconds. I would go into your startup folders and look to see what is in your "login items" list. if it is taking a while, then it could be you are starting some large programs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.