NTFS-3G error question

Reaction score
I get this error message and now my bootcamp partition won't work. any ideas how to fix this?

Please keep in mind that I have no idea what I'm doing, and can't even find the "system/kernel logs"

Screen Shot 2011-08-29 at 8.57.12 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
NTFS-3G or anything else from Tuxera is buggy. Uninstall NTFS-3G and purchase Paragon NTFS from here. It's $19.95 and works great.

OP
H
Reaction score
NTFS-3G or anything else from Tuxera is buggy. Uninstall NTFS-3G and purchase Paragon NTFS from here. It's $19.95 and works great.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not going to buy something. Everything worked fine until I upgraded to Lion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's fine. I understand your reluctance. However, a search in our forums about NTFS-3G will show that it was buggy in Leopard and Snow Leopard. Also, my understanding is that it has not been updated for Lion. And since it's no longer being developed, your only choice would be to buy the pay version from Tuxera. But, since you don't want to buy anything....... ?

OP
H
Reaction score
That's fine. I understand your reluctance. However, a search in our forums about NTFS-3G will show that it was buggy in Leopard and Snow Leopard. Also, my understanding is that it has not been updated for Lion. And since it's no longer being developed, your only choice would be to buy the pay version from Tuxera. But, since you don't want to buy anything....... ?

Managed to get back into BootCamp AND did a bunch of reading on my problems. I will fix it correctly as soon as i can afford a copy of Windows 7 Professional (need it to join my work's domain).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.