Longest iphoto to time capsule backup time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 13" macbook and 21" 2007 iMac, both running the latest snow leopard. Oh, and an iphone 4.
Hi all

Currently trying to copy my 53gb iphoto 11 library (on an imac running snow leopard latest version) to my time capsule over an ethernet connection. Having copied 253 mb it tells me it has another 152 hours to go! This number is increasing every minute.

I am aware it should take some time, but from all the posts I've seen this seems to be the longest yet. Can anyone beat this?

Even better would be an idea how it can be fixed, but I'm not holding out hope as this seems to be a common(ish) problem.

Thanks

Gareth

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 13" macbook and 21" 2007 iMac, both running the latest snow leopard. Oh, and an iphone 4.
..an update.

Wow....it's 243 hours now.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Darn it!

Got to 500mb and suddenly increased in speed. Currently predicting 17 hours. My hopes of Guinness book of records glory has been thwarted.

Presumably a particularly complicated part of the file structure. Hopefully subsequent synchronised backups will be quicker.

I anyone knows of a good folder to exclude helping with faster backups I'd be keen to hear about it.

G

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.