Really Sick of Crappy Graphics Programs

Reaction score
I used to own a Windows (been a Mac user my whole life, but needed a cheap computer), on which I feel in love with GIMP. Unfortunately, it crashed.

GIMP on my Macbook Pro just does NOT work the same. It's a pain to use and I'm really sick of it. I've searched high and low for a program as great as GIMP is on Windows, for Mac. I'd rather not pay the ridiculous price of Photoshop. I've got an Acorn free trial, but you can't create animated GIFs or use as many features as GIMP. I've tried downloading GIMPShop like five times and it never works.

I'm willing to pay a small amount for a good program, I just really can't afford CS5.

Suggestions? (and please don't link me to any articles. I've read dozens and I just want opinions of first-hand users)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I used to own a Windows (been a Mac user my whole life, but needed a cheap computer), on which I feel in love with GIMP. Unfortunately, it crashed.

GIMP on my Macbook Pro just does NOT work the same. It's a pain to use and I'm really sick of it. I've searched high and low for a program as great as GIMP is on Windows, for Mac. I'd rather not pay the ridiculous price of Photoshop. I've got an Acorn free trial, but you can't create animated GIFs or use as many features as GIMP. I've tried downloading GIMPShop like five times and it never works.

I'm willing to pay a small amount for a good program, I just really can't afford CS5.

Suggestions? (and please don't link me to any articles. I've read dozens and I just want opinions of first-hand users)
Why not run Windows and the Windows version of GIMP on your MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
And have you looked at Pixelmator yet?
Pixelmator

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.