Buying an Ipad2 in US for use in UK

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this query has been answered.

I have a friend who is going to the US in a few weeks. Givent the rate of the Dollar it means that an Ipad2 is almost £100 cheaper in the US. Will it work when brought back to the UK. Is there a problem with using my UK itunes account to download apps for it.

Thanks in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes it will work in the UK. Assuming you're wanting to buy a 3G iPad2, there are two versions. One is for AT&T which uses a SIM card. The other version is for Verizon which does not use a SIM card. Make sure you get the version that's compatible with a carrier in the UK. If it's just the wireless model you want, then there will be no problem.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apologies in advance if this query has been answered.

I have a friend who is going to the US in a few weeks. Givent the rate of the Dollar it means that an Ipad2 is almost £100 cheaper in the US. Will it work when brought back to the UK. Is there a problem with using my UK itunes account to download apps for it.

Thanks in advance

An iPad2 is also cheaper since you wouldn't be paying UK VAT. Make sure your friend doesn't get "busted" at UK customs...and ends up paying VAT anyway.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys
I had heard that there was an issur in the past regarding whether your itunes account was a UK one or a US one. I take it this is no longer a problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.