New mac opens MacOS folder on startup

Reaction score
I got a new macbook yesterday, and being a windows guy all my like, i ABSOLUTELY love it. I have one concern though, it isn't a major issue, although i feel it shouldn't be doing this...

Basically, whenever I restart my mac, all is well but right after it restarts it opens the MacOS folder inside finder on the main screen.

Is there a reason for this? Is this supposed to happen?

I feel this should be a concern to me as the files in the OS folder shouldn't be messed with, and I don't want something to happen.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
So I'm guessing you have Lion (OS 10.7) as I don't have a folder called "MacOS" in Leopard. You could try unchecking the box in System Preferences > General next to "Restore windows when quitting"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yeah, that might only affect applications, but it was worth a try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
In System Preference->Users & Groups->Login Items, is there anything listed that might be forcing that window to open?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2011 13" macbook pro, Late 2009 27" iMac, 160GB iPod Classic, 16 GB iPad, Airport Extreme
I'm having the same problem

I've been having the same problem. I got my new macbook pro on friday and it's been doing this since monday. I haven't really downloaded anything besides perian, flip4mac, and steam. I'm not sure why it would do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.