Problems with RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Reaction score
I recently bought Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for Mac. I have managed to open the game a few times each time with a struggle, however now it's not happening for me and I get two different error messages depending on where I open the game from. If I open the game from the application on the disk I get the message:

'RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 requires at least 1 MB of free disk space.
Free up some space on your local disk and then re-launch RollerCoaster Tycoon 3'

If I open up the game from the application on the hard drive I get the message:

'An unrecoverable error has occurred and RollerCoaster Tycoon cannot continue'

As I've already said, I've already played the game problem free several times prior to this happening. The version of the game I'm using supports Snow Leopard and I have more than adequate free space to run the game???

Very frustrated!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As I've already said, I've already played the game problem free several times prior to this happening. The version of the game I'm using supports Snow Leopard and I have more than adequate free space to run the game???

Are you 100% sure of this? The official system requirements say nothing about supporting Snow Leopard:

Aspyr - Rollercoaster® Tycoon 3

Mac Release Date: November 2005
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.9
CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
CPU Speed: 1GHz (1.2GHz recommended)
Memory: 256 MB or higher (512 MB recommended)
Hard Disk Space: 2.0 GB free disk space
Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000
Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200

A lot has happened since the games release in 2005.

You also haven't told us anything related to:

- What exact model Mac you are using?
- The full exact specs of the computer (hard drive space available, amount of ram, video hardware, etc.)?
- The exact OS version you are running?

Yes...I know that you mentioned that you've been able to run this game successfully before. But an application doesn't just work one day...and not the next. Something must have been done...such as an OS update...or software update of some sort.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.