Hard Drive Space

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
hello all,

I have a 12 inch powerbook and have recently reached the end of its hard drive space. I have a 60 GB hard drive and I am using 55 GB of it. I looked at the three directories that I figured would have the most Hard Drive space occupied and this is what I came up with.

Music: 24.58 GB
Applications: 5.02 GB
Documents : 1.1 GB

I also recently deleted a previous system in the previous systems folder to clear up space. I have cleared my trash as well. Basically, I can only see where I am using 30 GB's. I have Tiger and I know that spotlight uses quite a bit of space for indexing. Lets say 1GB unless I am completely off. So that is 31 GB. I am supposedly currently using 55. So does anyone know any secrets, or programs to clear out some of the space that I am using that is just random stuff, or what/where I can delete stuff.

Cheers all,

James

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Disk Inventory X will show you graphically what is taking up space on your HD. It might be easier for you to locate what is using the HD space.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.