Geektool Problem-PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Reaction score
So I was using Geektool trying to create a calendar and a clock on my desktop.
However, when I dragged the shell icon onto my desktop, the "properties window" did pop up, however there's nothing in it.
It looks like this. I tried everything I could but there's just nothing in the properties window.
What should I do?

I recently upgraded my system to Mac OS Lion. I used to use GeekTool before and everything was fine.
What is the problem? Is it related to my system upgrade?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thank you very much.

My snapshot is in attachment

Screen Shot 2011-08-28 at 3.23.58 AM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Reaction score
Hi I've downloaded the latest one from appstore but it comes up with another problem.

The preference panel does contain something but when I enter the commands it does not show anything in display. (even after I pressed refresh)

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Yeah those two were ticked by default but still no output on the geeklet.

I use clean install lion that may be the problem but I installed the latest one from app store so it should be ok right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Yes you should be fine, strange indeed.
Mind linking the geeklet? Maybe something is wrong with it.

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply

Oddly enough after reinstalling from the appstore the problem still persists...

Sorry how do you link the geeklet? By that do you mean the source?

UPDATE:

Got some of the feature working like echo so I presume the geektool itself is working but the shell scripts that I found on the web was not.

Sorry for the fuss.

Thanks for the help again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, thats what I was trying to figure out. Some scripts (Most weather scripts) depend on websites to work properly, and if that website does a layout change or simply disappears then the script can't find whatever it is looking for and ceases to work correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.