iPhone Accident! Not sure how to fix...

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have an iPhone 4 and today I went go karting with it in my pocket (I know it was silly but I never been before don't lecture me on that.)

Anyway I have replaced screens in the past but that is not the issue. From what I can see, when looking at the iPhone from it's side (facing the volume buttons) towards the bottom of the phone seems to b's bent slightly along with the screen now has a sort of curve and the back does.
The phone works perfectly I'm using it right now to post this I have tested all features and signal is fine.

The plastic parts on the aluminium frame seem slightly pushed so not sure if the frame is bent or just the screen is holding it so tight causing it to bend... I dont have any tools until next week to take it apart (I'm on holiday)

I have bought a new front and back, but has anyone seen this happen or have any advice?? Thanks in advanced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Core i7 2.66 500GB 15" - Mac mini Core i5 2.5 500GB - Iphone 4 32GB - 32GB Ipad 2
It sounds like exactly what you already know...structural damage, most likely a bent/tweaked aluminum frame. I wont lecture but i must say... that must have been one heck of a go-kart ride. Wish i could offer more advice, but your already planning to do what i would try! Good luck

Cheers

OP
L
Reaction score
LOL Yeah it was!!! At least I won the Race so that's one good thing.

Anyway thanks for the comment! Seriously appreciated. The digitiser has came but the rear case or the Home button has not arrived yet (should come tomorrow).

I also bent the Aluminium frame back!!! YAYAAAA

Night 1: Tried leaving a heavy block of Iron on the Aluminium *Soft attempt to even it out* Result didn't budge.

Night 2: Placed in metal clamps over night same result.

Night 3: clamped the aluminium frame in a vice, hit several times with a rubber mallet. Weirdly after about 10 hits or so the aluminium quite literally 'clicked' back into place!!! I was relieved at this point.

I will let you know & post pictures before & after I complete the restore!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.