Set Date and Time Automatically Won't Lock

Reaction score
I'm running OS X 10.7.1 and in Set Preferences the Set Date and Time Automatically won't stay locked. When I click on date and time, System Preferences asks me to unlock the date and time preferences by entering my password.

I enter my password, check mark on the set date/time automatically box, relock the lock icon and leave System Preferences. And when I go back to System Preferences, the automatic set date/time box no longer checked.

I repaired Permissions, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.

OP
chuckf1
Reaction score
I'm running OS X 10.7.1 and in Set Preferences the Set Date and Time Automatically won't stay locked. When I click on date and time, System Preferences asks me to unlock the date and time preferences by entering my password.

I enter my password, check mark on the set date/time automatically box, relock the lock icon and leave System Preferences. And when I go back to System Preferences, the automatic set date/time box no longer checked.

I repaired Permissions, but that didn't solve the problem.

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.

Well I solved my own problem. I have two administrator accounts on my Mac. One for day to day use and the other for documents I had transferred over from my PC. I unadministratored my day to day account and then readministrated my day to day account and the problem was solved.

WHOOO -HOOOO!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.