Using a Mouse with the iPad 1?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi, 128GB iPhone 7
Another Newbie question; thank you for indulging me.

I have an iPad 1... I bought the Apple Bluetooth keyboard to carry with the iPad on business trips instead of lugging the MBP. However, is there any way I can use a Mouse (or the Apple Magic Trackpad) with the iPad 1? TIA.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You can't done it on the iPad unless you jailbreak it..the iPad is meant to be used by the touch interface and you can use a BT keyboard for typing..

Check out this about what you can if you do jailbreak it: Jailbroken iPad Gets Bluetooth Mouse Support [VIDEO]

Reaction score
Yeah since the whole point of it is that it's touch screen there is no way to do what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
There is an app for jail broken iPads that is called mouse I have used it before, it has to be a Bluetooth mouse.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
There is no need to jailbreak the iPad to pair it with a bluetooth keyboard. I'm typing this post on an Apple BT keyboard paired with my iPad. Have a look at this video for the procedure http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...gMHODw&usg=AFQjCNHJWy255OrtC0N-NiVXf9WFCDKScQ. there are also some cases with BT keyboards built into them which also work.

EDIT: Ignore this post. I just noticed that you asked about the mouse and not the keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.