gimpshop on osx lion

Reaction score
Hi i have tried to find an application which is similar to photoshop which i finally found gimpshop but its not being installed on osx lion any way to install it or any app like photoshop for osx lion plz?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
GIMP is great, however, the drawback is getting it installed. You'll need to use MacPorts. Not an easy task especially for someone who doesn't know their way around OS X.

Heres a LINK to the GIMP main page. They have instructions which you can follow.

What I suggest instead of fooling with GIMP, is buy Pixelmator from the Apple App store. Cost is $29.99.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
+1 For Pixelmator, I demoed it once and find it to be a way easier image editing than GIMP which I found confusing and somewhat lacking in interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.