Magic Mouse Button Issue

Reaction score
I just got a Magic Mouse. It seems to me that there is too much "play" when I click the mouse button. When I press down on the front of the mouse I can feel it move down about 1mm before it makes contact with the switch inside. Then a little bit more pressure on the front of the mouse actually makes the mouse button inside "click". That little bit of 1mm "play" is annoying because it's almost like you have to press the front of the mouse in two stages to get it to click.

I'm not sure if this is "normal". Before I exchange it for another one, I was wondering if all Magic Mouse's behave like this? It could just be that I have to get used to it. I was previously using the original wired mouse that came with my iMac.

Thanks.

OP
R
Reaction score
I took this mouse into the Apple Store and they confirmed that the mouse was defective and exchanged it for a new one. Case solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.