Help with iPod 2g

Reaction score
Well, long story, I live in a household of tech-illiterates.
My little sister got an iPod touch 2g for christmas 2 years ago.
Her mother and her insisted on adding a password.
Well, my little brother got ahold of it and spammed her password que with the wrong password and froze it. The only unfortunate thing is, on top of not knowing remembering the password to her account associated with the iPod, they are unsure of what account they even associated it with as they are first time users with iPod's. The iPod has become locked completely.
It shows the "connect iPod to iTunes" with the logo and cable.
The original computer has been completely wiped, new os, formatted drives, everything. So connecting it with the original account is nearly impossible.

I've tried everything I can think of, I've tried holding the home button while plugging it in, etc. But every time I connect it to the computer it says "iTunes could not connect with the iPod "iPod Touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes" but asll I can get to pop up on the iPod is the connect to iTunes screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Turn the iPod touch off (press and hold the sleep/wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears.)

It is quite easy, just press the sleep/wake button AND the home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. When the Apple logo appears the iPod Touch is now reset.

I guess everything gets deleted too.

OP
G
Reaction score
Turn the iPod touch off (press and hold the sleep/wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears.)

It is quite easy, just press the sleep/wake button AND the home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. When the Apple logo appears the iPod Touch is now reset.

I guess everything gets deleted too.

I've tried this several times and it simply repeats the same "Itunes could not connect due to password"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.