Mac G5 - Screen / Graphics Card Problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2 Ghz, DELL 2405FPW Display
All of a sudden today I have started getting weird lines on my screen, after switching on & off it may work ok for a short while & then come back again - any ideas?

screenpic.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Depends what model Mac you have, and you really should share that information with us. if it is a G5 PowerMac or Mac Pro, open her up and make sure the graphics card is properly seated. If another model, run Apple Hardware Test from the original system install discs as this checks out the graphics card.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a screenshot of your desktop and look at it. If it shows the same thing as you're seeing, it's likely a bad graphics card.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2 Ghz, DELL 2405FPW Display
Thanks, in response to the first reply my mac is Dual 2 Ghz Power PC G5, I will take a screenshot when they appear again, boot up this morning they were there for 10 minutes, now all seems OK - for now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.