New Mac user. NAS problem

Reaction score
Hi!
Got a new Macbook Air running OS X Lion. In my network I have a Patriot Corza NAS box. This has a couple of folders, one of wich is restricted to certain users. It works just fine in Windows 7, but when I open the folders in Finder, I lack permission to access the subfolders and files. I've tried different user-names and passwords, but none that works. I got it to work briefly when I set up the device with NFS, but that lasted one day and now it's nothing there again.

I'd appreciate it if anyone had a few hints on what I should do, the files on the NAS is my pictures database, and I don't want to give r/w permission to everyone just to make things work.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
How has your NAS Drive been formatted i.e. Fat 32, NTFS?

OS X will recognize and work with FAT 32 (file size restriction) and OS X Extended Journal formats.
It needs some help when accessing NTFS format.

DavidH

OP
V
Reaction score
I can see the folders and everything, but I there's a "one way road" icon on top of the folders and I can't access the contents.

Reaction score
Same problem here. Any solutions?

I never had any problems under snow leopard.

Much appreciated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.