Macbook Pro Start-Up Problems

Reaction score
Hello,
I am here seeking an answer or recommendation on what I should do about the start up problems my 2010 Macbook Pro is having. Just recently when I go go to boot the computer, everything goes fine until the blue screen appears for the login and then the screen goes to a lighter blue-ish tint that freezes the login menu. Sometimes it can last couple seconds, other times a few minutes.

I'm guessing this has to do with corrupt files or something along those lines. But has anyone experienced this problem before or have a recommendation on how to fix it (without going to the Apple store (if it's self explanatory?))

Thank you very much if you can help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot the machine with your install DVD and run Disk Utility from the DVD. Do a Verify and Repair. That will check the hard drive and show you if there are any errors. Disk Utility can also perform minor file and folder repairs.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply sir. I figured it isn't a huge problem since after the start it runs fine. I just didn't know what direction to head in to fix it, as i'm not the most technical savvy person, but I will def give disk utility a try to see if it can remove my problem. Again, thanks for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.